We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data when you visit this website, make a purchase, or register our software:
- information about your visits to and use of this website;
- information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
- anonymous information about software usage, crashes, and system information (when you opt-in to sharing software analytics or crash logs)
- information such as: name, billing address, email, phone, geographical location, operating system, browser type, referral source, machine number, and IP address when you purchase and unlock our software.
The legal basis for this storage is consent.
2. Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability, and for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at [email protected]);
The legal basis for this processing is consent.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Antispam Policy
A registered user is added to our Newsletter Subscribers database when he/she makes a purchase. You may request to unsubscribe at anytime.
What Is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE). It involves emails sent to users who:
- Have no association with the sender
- Have registered an account but not opted in to receive commercial emails
- Have previously opted in but then opted out of receiving commercial emails
Spam is also email communications without a valid reply-to address.
Tracktion Software Corporation does not send spam - ever. The goal of our existing email communications is to inform our Newsletter Subscribers of the new software releases which are published on a regular basis. Our Newsletters include the links to our new products, information about promotions and latest news from our industry.
We cooperate with other businesses that target similar audiences as ours - they send our newsletters to their opted-in subscriber base. We are very careful about the antispam practices of these businesses and never cooperate with companies that are outside the scope of our audience or our industry or which have an unclear Antispam Policy. On rare occasions we also send selected partners' e-flyers to our subscriber base on their behalf.
We do not sell or distribute (for financial gain or for free) or otherwise disclose any partner or customer e-mail addresses to any third parties except when legally required.
Every newsletter contains an Unsubscribe link.
There are situations which by their own nature require us to send you emails. These include:
- Sending a message to your email address with the link to activate your account at Tracktion Software Corporation.
- Sending you invoices for each completed transaction on our website.
- Sending you emails concerning technical, legal, and support matters.
Please make sure you do not flag Tracktion Software Corporation as 'Spam' or 'Unsolicited' in your email application. When you register and do not find an activation email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
The legal basis for this processing is consent.
5. Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6. International data transfers
If you are outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information to the United States. Your information may be transferred within the United States and to other countries, depending on the type of data and on our datacenter infrastructure.
7. Security of your personal data
We will take use appropriate safeguards to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be protected with appropriate safeguards following industry best practices.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential.
8. Policy amendments
9. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to [email protected]) at any time.
10. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
11. Financial Information
The website does not store your credit card and payment details on our server. The website retains details of your purchases and purchased products in your account, but no sensitive details relating to your payment methods are stored or handled by Tracktion Software Corporation.
12. Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
Your personal data may be retained for various durations depending on the data - in most cases for 24 months. In general however, we do not keep data longer than is necessary to maintain our services, and try to minimize the personal data we do retain.
You may request your account be deleted from your customer account page. We will delete your account and personal data as soon as possible - some order transaction data or other legal retention data may not be deleted right away.
Tracktion Software Corporation
11644 NE 80th St
Kirkland, WA 98033